A new year is upon us, and there’s no better time to start a new habit! You may be considering exercising more, drinking more water, reading more, or other new additions to your daily routine. Have you thought about adding new tears to your list? We’re not talking about eye drops, either.
Healthy Tear Production
Your eyes produce tears for lubrication and comfort. This production occurs in your tear ducts and produces 3 layers: the aqueous layer, the mucin layer, and the lipid layer. Together, these layers create a protective and hydrating layer called the tear film. Here’s how each layer helps.
- The aqueous layer is the water layer that keeps the eye moisturized.
- The mucin layer is mucous layer that keeps the tear film on the eye.
- The lipid layer is the fat layer that keeps the tear film from evaporating.
If any of these layers break down or are ineffective, the whole tear film will be off balanced, which can affect the quantity and quality of your tears.
What Can Low Amounts of or Low-Quality Tears Do to My Eyes?
The tear film lubricates your eyes and keeps them moisturized and comfortable. However, this lubrication does more than create comfort. The surface of the eye is a delicate area, and the tear film acts as a protective barrier, shielding the eyes from the environment. When your tear film isn’t producing enough tears or high-quality tears, you may experience:
- Eye dryness
- Blurred vision
- Excessive watering
Furthermore, unbalanced tear film can lead to scratches on the corneal surface (the front of the eye). Think of it like the windshield wipers on a car. When the windshield is dry, the wipers drag across the surface with greater friction, leaving streaks and even making a high-pitched screech. The same happens with your eyelid except instead of streaks, it can leave scratches that can be permanent.
Support Tear Production with EyePromise® EZ Tears™
So, how can you add “new tears” to your New Year’s resolutions? Skip the drops and start taking EyePromise EZ Tears! EZ Tears is a clinically proven eye vitamin expertly crafted with natural ingredients designed to soothe the eye's surface and support optimal tear production. Here’s how it works:
- Triglyceride (TG) Omega-3s (1,100mg, EPA/DHA = 590 mg/440mg)
- Fatty acids from fish are vital and lacking in the typical diet; significant structural components of cells throughout the body; DHA is rich in the brain and retina and supports healthy vision.
- Vitamin A (300 mcg)
- Fat soluble vitamin (absorbed by the body with the help of fats) supports corneal surface health.
- Vitamin D3 (50 mcg)
- Fat soluble vitamin deficient in the American diet; supports immune health, joint health, muscle health, and more.
- Vitamin E (40 mg)
- Fat soluble vitamin helps support eye health by protecting Omega-3 fatty acid formulas from compounds found in a healthy diet.
- Proprietary Blend (220 mg)
- Evening Primrose Oil: With GLA (gamma-linoleic acid) - shown to favorably affect symptoms of occasional dry eye.
- Turmeric Root Extract: Includes curcumin and is important to support the health of ocular surface.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: Provides antioxidant effects in ocular tissues to support eye health.
- Mixed Tocopherols/Tocotrienols: Important for reducing the effect of compounds that can contribute to occasional dry eye.
These high-quality ingredients have been clinically demonstrated to improve the health of the ocular surface through objective (observed or tested without input) and subjective (self-reported experience) measures. The results were so powerful, EZ Tears is now backed by a 30-day, money-back satisfaction guarantee.
This year, your eyes don’t have to be uncomfortable. Start taking EyePromise EZ Tears daily and restore the balance of your tear film!