Last modified: September 2, 2022
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.eyepromise.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. For California residents, there is a Your California Privacy Rights section in this Policy.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as device IDs, IP addresses; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when making online purchases or other transactions with us, such as but not limited to, creating an account for the Website, subscribing to our services, participation in loyalty programs, sending a text, SMS or electronic message, or requesting additional information and/or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you initiate any contact with us via electronic correspondence, SMS/text message phone call, etc..
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and/or marketing purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties, such as product reviews (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, statistics on page views, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website including your search queries on the Website, the products you add to your Cart, and your product views on the Website.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, hardware type, operating system, unique device identifiers, browser type, mobile network information, the address of referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services ("behavioral tracking"). See below for more information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (also referred to as "Flash cookies") to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on your computer or device using Adobe Flash technology. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you in a safe, efficient, and customized manner.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your order, billing, delivery, account, programs, and subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in other features on our Website.
- To comply with requests from regulatory or government authorities (including law enforcement) as necessary or as required to comply with all applicable state and federal law.
- For marketing and research analysis purposes to improve the effectiveness of our services, or to perform other business activities as needed.
- To detect, prevent, or investigate potential security breaches, fraudulent transactions, and monitor against theft.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you, including delivering coupons, newsletters, emails, and other notifications about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the order form or adjust your user preferences in your account profile to opt out of such notices. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We do not sell your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of EyePromise’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by EyePromise about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- For users whose accounts were created through an existing relationship with one of our healthcare partners, we may communicate information about your transactions and subscription services as part of our relationship with our healthcare partners.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions /terms-and-conditions/ and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EyePromise, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the forms on which we collect your data for your transactions and when you create your account, or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the forms on which we collect your data for your transactions and when you create your account, or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by clicking here. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Website Terms and Conditions.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You may also be required to change that password periodically if there is a risk of a compromised password that could impact your privacy. You should not share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your information that may be considered "Personal Information" under California Law ("CA Personal Information").
Consistent with the Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It section above, we may collect certain categories and specific pieces of CA Personal Information about users of the Website that are residents of California. We collect and disclose CA Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Your Information and How We Disclose Your Information sections above.
As described above in the How We Disclose Your Information section, we may share the following categories of CA Personal Information with third parties who are considered "third parties" as defined under California law since we disclose CA Personal Information to them which they may use for secondary purposes.
- Identifiers: such as online identifiers, name, and IP address;
- Commercial information: such as products purchased, enrollment in subscription services, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies; and
- Geolocation information: such as location data.
Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you have the right to: (i) request access to your CA Personal Information (including information regarding the sharing of your CA Personal Information); (ii) request deletion of your CA Personal Information; and (iii) opt out of the sale of your CA Personal Information. Should you wish to request the exercise of your rights as detailed above with regard to your CA Personal Information, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or products or services, or by providing you with a different level or quality of products or services, based solely upon this request.
Additionally, California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such requests, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California law requires California residents under the age of 16 to opt-in to the sale of CA Personal Information. We do not sell the CA Personal Information of any of our users, including California residents under the age of 16.